Working today was better than yesterday, not because it was less work, but because it was different work. I utilized many muscles instead of a few. My job today was transplanting some things from near the driveway across the property to the border between this property and the next. Before I could plant, I had to remove cane grass from the area. Apparently this plant is a nuisance and must be destroyed. It can be difficult to uproot, but after a mid-shift rain it became easier. I took the uprooted plants and piled them under the branches of the avocado tree, as a cushion for the ripe fruit when it falls. Then I planted 16 plants in the area I cleared, as the beginning of a privacy barrier for the Guava Hut. I got extremely dirty and I loved it!
After a much-needed shower and shave, I made some ghetto chili for lunch. Pinto beans, black beans, one tomato, one jalapeno, half a yellow onion, three scallions, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and paprika. Note to self: buy chili powder when I'm in town on Saturday.
Today the subject was brought up that I'd have my touch-base meeting in a few days to discuss what my plans are regarding staying at the hostel and specifically in the tent I'm staying in currently. My immediate thought was 'I love it and I want to stayyyyyyy!' But now I guess I need to figure out for how much longer. I'm thinking an extra month to start. Hiking can wait, this is too perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment